This method of healing incorporates deep tissue massage with mobilization techniques of the spine, joints followed by manipulation of ligament, muscle and bones.
Massage Therapy Melbourne
We offer a range of massage techniques, including, Deep Tissue massage, Remedial Massage, Relaxation, Lymphatic Drainage, Sports and Craniosacral Therapy, just to mention a few…
All of our practitioners cater for the individual, we ensure that your needs are met!
Therapeutic massage methods are simple and effective and have been shown to have the following benefits:
- Increases attentiveness and learning
- Alleviates pain
- Improves immune function
- Reduces Stress levels
- Diminishes premenstrual symptoms
- Can assist in lowering blood pressure and anxiety in some cases
- Reduces pain and increases the range of motion in individuals with lower back pain and stiff necks
- Administering massage reduces stress and improves sleep patterns
- Keeps muscles toned and enhances flexibility of your body
All of our Naturopaths are qualified in Massage Therapy and will customize all treatments to meet the needs of the client.
Remedial Massage Melbourne
What is Remedial Massage?
Remedial massage is a deep tissue massage which is used to locate and repair damage and also to assist the body’s natural ability to heal after injury. The massage is applied directly to intact skin using a lubricating medium.
The Massage therapist uses their knowledge of anatomy and physiology to determine the best treatment for the patient. The therapist uses patient feedback to pinpoint the damaged tissues and to regulate pressure. Tenderness in areas being treated is an indicator or where treatment of muscles and tendons will be undertaken.
Remedial massage is designed to increase blood and lymph flow, particularly to injured areas of the body. Most patients will feel a difference after one session. A recent injury will recover quicker than a long term injury.
Passive stretching moves are also utilized.
Benefits of Remedial Massage include:
- Aids in the removal of toxins in the muscles through the stimulation of the blood supply.
- Eases pain and discomfort through the calming of the peripheral nervous system.
- Relaxing and toning of muscles enabling improved joint mobility.
- Increased blood and lymph flow assisting in the repair of tissues.
- Treats general muscle soreness from over exertion.
- Removes blockages, damaged cells, scar tissue and adhesions.
Some conditions treated with Remedial Massage:
- Achilles tendon
- Back ache
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Frozen shoulder
- Groin strain
- Hamstring injuries
- Lymph congestion
- Muscular atrophy
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Scar tissue
- Shin splints
- Strains, sprains, broken bones and bruising
- Tennis elbow
Sessions usually take 45 minutes to an hour, depending on the whether the practitioner will just address a specific area or give a whole body massage. As oil is used, it is necessary for the patient to be unclothed for the treatment.